We are always looking for ways to increase the support we offer to families. We are able to help these families thanks to donations, volunteers, sponsors, events, charity partnerships and fundraising. If you would like to help us there are different ways in which individuals, groups and associations, schools and education establishments, corporate and organisations can help our cause:
Top 3 reasons to support us…
- We are a local charity – the help we provide helps families in the Coventry and Warwickshire area.
- Thankfully 8 out of 10 children now survive cancer but it remains the leading cause of death from a single disease among children and young people in the UK, and often leaves survivors with other health conditions which will affect them for the rest of their lives. * Our services are designed to support children and young people between the ages of 0-24 and their parents and siblings, throughout this devastating and life changing experience. We will offer support to families from the date of diagnosis for as long as they need us.
- The services we provide enable families to stick together through the tough times and meet other families in similar positions with whom they can become friends and offer mutual support.
*Statistics taken from CLIC Sargent facts and figures page.
We are always on the lookout for new opportunities to work with you and welcome your suggestions and ideas. Please contact us!
You can help young children living with cancer. Give a regular or single donation, whatever you can afford will make a huge difference to our life-saving work.
We welcome regular and one-off donations from individuals, associations, schools and educational establishments, companies and organisations. Take a look at our ‘Donor Promise’ below. There are also advantages involved in donating such as tax relief for companies – please see below or visit the www.gov.uk web site.
Donating straight from your wages or pension
If your employer, company or personal pension provider runs a Payroll Giving scheme, you can donate straight from your wages or pension. This happens before tax is deducted from your income.
Ask your employer or pension provider if they run a Payroll Giving scheme. Details can be found online at
The tax relief you get depends on the rate of tax you pay. To donate £1, you pay:
• 80p if you’re a lower rate taxpayer • 60p if you’re a higher rate taxpayer • 55p if you’re an additional rate taxpayer
- Be taken off the value of your estate before Inheritance Tax is calculated
- Reduce your Inheritance Tax rate, if more than 10% of your estate is left to charity
You can donate:
- A fixed amount
- An item
- What’s left after other gifts have been given out
As your will is a legally binding document & the subject of charitable legacies can be complex, it’s sensible to seek professional help when making a legacy in your will. If you would like to leave a legacy to Shine A Light Services please contact us for the information you will need. If you don’t yet have a Will, this advice can help you in the process of making one. If you already have a Will, you can find out how you could update it to include a gift to Shine A Light Support Service.
Benefits to Companies from donating to Charity (see https://www.gov.uk/tax-limited-company-gives-to-charity
Your limited company pays less Corporation Tax when it gives the following to charity:
- equipment or trading stock (items it makes or sells)
- land, property or shares in another company (shares in your own company don’t qualify)
- employees (on secondment)
- sponsorship payments
Please contact us to discuss your requirements
Our promise to you…
Our promise to you cont…
If you tell us that you do not want to receive information we will act on your wishes. We will follow guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) so that phone calls, texts or email will stop within 28 days and postal communications within two months. We will not sell, trade or swap your personal details with any other organisation. We won’t ever put undue pressure on you to make a donation to us. If you don’t want to make a gift or wish to cancel a regular gift then we will respect your decision. We will take any complaints you make seriously; following our complaints policy (available on request). If at any point, we realise that we have broken any aspect of this promise, we will let you know and take affirmative action to avoid any future breaches of this promise. This promise will evolve and develop as we listen to you, our donors. Thank you.